Assessment, practice, and instructional insight to guide each student to mastery
Less testing time = more instructional time
The Renaissance Star Assessments® pre-K–12 assessment suite delivers the valid and reliable screening, progress monitoring, and student growth data you need to make informed instructional decisions. In 20 minutes or less, you can identify what students know, where they are on a state-specific learning progression, and which skills they need to learn for mastery of Florida standards for math and language arts.
- Assess math, early literacy, and reading proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Monitor students' progress toward benchmarks for success on the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), ACT, and SAT.
- Use actionable data to match instructional resources with the skills students are ready to learn next.
- Compare Spanish and English domain scores side-by-side in a single view.
Star Assessments are approved tests for:
- Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS)
- Alternative Standardized Reading Assessment Used for Good Cause Exemption to Third Grade Retention
- Tax Credit Scholarship Private School Annual Assessment Requirement
Star Assessments are highly rated for academic screening and progress monitoring by the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII).
A literacy solution to send pre-K—12 reading growth soaring
Help students reach new heights in reading achievement with the Renaissance literacy growth solution, which combines Florida-specific screening and progress monitoring with proven-effective personalized reading practice and a library of more than 13,000 digital books.
- Renaissance Star Assessments® guide reading growth to Florida standards mastery and state summative test success with valid screening and progress monitoring.
- Renaissance Accelerated Reader® motivates students with goal-driven, personalized reading practice and measures progress with quizzes for nearly 200,000 titles.
- Renaissance myON® Reader increases reading by engaging each student with unlimited, 24/7 online and offline access to a personalized digital library.
Rich data and reporting from the Renaissance literacy growth solution provide actionable insight into reading engagement and growth to help you guide each student to mastery.
Inspire a Culture of Reading
Unify assessment, practice, and instruction to maximize student growth
The Renaissance Growth Alliance makes assessment-driven personalized instruction a reality by connecting Star Assessments to best-in-class K–12 instruction providers. Maximize instruction time with a seamless flow of data from assessment to instruction and practice resources into a unified measure of student mastery.
- Gain actionable insights into what math and reading skills students are ready to learn with Renaissance Star Assessments.
- Connect valid, reliable assessment data with recommended skills and resources to personalize instruction and practice.
- Instantly access and assign instructional resources at the appropriate level of challenge to propel student growth.
- Monitor growth and view a unified measure of student mastery at the domain, standard, skill, and subskill level.
Star Assessments seamlessly connect with the HMH Into Learning solutions suite from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt®, a Renaissance Growth Alliance partner. Easily review assessment data and assign recommended ELA and mathematics resources to differentiate instruction for the entire class, multiple groups, or individual students. This steady flow of reliable data between the programs provides the insight you need to connect assessment and instruction, personalize learning, and guide growth for every student.
Get immediate insights to power student learning
What is the Renaissance Growth Alliance?
Accelerate reading growth with digital books and daily news
Engage readers with unlimited, 24/7 access to digital books and news articles personalized to their Lexile® levels. Renaissance myON® Reader and Renaissance myON® News provide real-time data to help you measure student engagement and reading growth, including number of books/articles read and time spent reading.
Provide each student with a personalized digital library:
- More than 13,000 fiction and nonfiction titles available
- Recommendations based on interests, grade, and Lexile level
- Anytime, anywhere access with online and offline reading
- Built-in audio supports and literacy tools for highlighting, journaling, citations, and more
- Hundreds of titles available in Spanish
Learn about measuring reading with reading
Provide an engaging digital experience for nonfiction reading:
- 5 daily news articles, Monday-Friday, 52 weeks a year
- Written at 3 Lexile levels with audio supports and related multimedia
- Topics include US and world news, sports, science, arts, technology, and more
- Reviewed by a child psychologist to ensure age-appropriateness
- Available in English, Spanish and French
Learn how to put more fun in nonfiction reading
Partnering to achieve your educational mission
Renaissance is proud to partner with Florida educators to accelerate learning for all students.
Check out how we’re helping your peers achieve success and unlock their students’ full potential.