Educators, what are you thankful for this year?

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and rejoice. While traveling and planning dinner can be stressful, nothing beats coming together with others. It also is a great time to take a moment and appreciate all that we have. We asked our Renaissance Royals community what they’re thankful for this year and we received a ton of great responses with a recurring theme of loving coworkers, curious students, and involved parents. Below, we’ve highlighted a few of our favorites.

1. Supportive parents and amazing students

“I am extremely thankful for all of my supportive parents this year. It has been a long time since I have had so many parents involved and who question their child first. I am also thankful for some amazing students. They are very involved in their academics, as well as helping their classmates. They also remind me to breathe!”
– Michelle Harrell

2. Parents, families, and community members

“As an educator, there is so much to be thankful for. The parents, families, and community members who support our rural school. The volunteers who are committed to helping wherever they are needed. Our supportive principal who knows we give all we’ve got for the success of all of our students. And, lastly, to my own family for understanding that teaching is more than a career. It is a calling.” – Jody Steinhaus

3. Working with wonderful children

“I am thankful for getting the opportunity to work with wonderful children. Our future is our youth of today and there is no greater honor than having a role in their development.” – Tom Beauchamp

4. A great support staff

“I am thankful for a great support staff! Schools need great teachers and parents, but a lot of the time it is our secretaries, computer technicians, and janitors that make sure things run efficiently so teachers can do what teachers do best!!” – Brenda Curtis

5. Making strides

“I am so very thankful this year for so many things. School-wise, I am thankful that my students are making strides and that they can see that their efforts are paying off. We are testing and tracking and plotting growth. It has helped them to visualize their achievements.” – Leeann Needham

As you wrap up this week, take a moment to reflect on all of the positives. From supportive parents to measurable student growth, there is always something to appreciate. What are you thankful for this year? Let us know in the comments below, post on our Facebook page, or tweet us at @RenLearnUS! And have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Be sure to subscribe to the Renaissance newsletter for the latest classroom content, product updates, and much more!

In a nutshell, I’m thankful for supportive parents, families, coworkers, students, and community members. The joy is in the journey.

I am thankful for the incredible community I serve.

3. Katie Wiltz says:

I am thankful for a great group of students and parents that are willing to work no matter what is going on. I am also thankful for an assistant teacher, Ms. Lee, that just will not stop.

Very thankful for great easy-to-use resources, especially Renaissance Accelerated Reader. Teachers are able to access student’s reading levels, give book suggestions, and show parents progress throughout the year.

5. Honestly, I am thankful for AR! I have been librarian in our school for 30 plus years and we started AR about 20 years ago. It increased reading in our school more than I imagined and every once in a while it is mentioned as a program that could be cut, but our teachers and students love it, too, so hopefully that won’t happen! When we first started it, the supervisor, then superintendent was really behind libraries and the Renaissance Learning program and most everyone was on board in the county. That has changed some, but it still is a big part of our county and we really keep it going at our school.

6. I am thankful for my students. I learn something new from them everyday. I am grateful to their parents because they make their children are reading daily for 30 minutes at home and taking tests on their books. I am thankful for the parents who come to school several times a week to read to many of the students. I am most grateful to teach at a school where AR is their goal. We honor our AR stars each month with the bronze, silver, and gold awards. They have to have an average of over 85% and must have read 5% non fiction.

7. carly says:

I am thankful for the students who thank me for making math fun. I am thankful for the students and parents who let me know that the extra effort I put into providing quality instruction is appreciated. They are the reason for my motivation. I am also thankful to all those who mentored me along the way so that now I have the opportunity to give students who struggle the help they need.

8. RENEE P GRAHAM says:

I’m thankful for my administration and my co-workers. I couldn’t do it without them.

9. Tammy says:

I am thankful for a supportive administration, students eager to learn, and good health!

Grateful for the great school I work in and the staff, students and parents.

I m most thankful for my family, health, and students.

12. Katy says:

I am thankful for friends and massages!

13. Trinette Frazier says:

Time away from work to recharge, second chances and new beginnings.

14. Amy says:

Thankful for my students who bring smiles and laughter and funny stories into my life each and every day.

15. Mary says:

I am thankful for so many things! I am blessed with good health, a loving family, and to be working in a school with enthusiastic students and supportive parents, fellow teachers, and administrators.

16. Veronica Gonzalez says:

Every single comment is special and correct. We are all thankful in many different ways but in the long run it all comes together.

17. Cathy Kelley says:

I am thankful that our first grade team works so well together!

18. Amber AuBain says:

I am thankful for a wonderful school and faculty to work with!

19. Thonisha Davis says:

I’m very thankful for my colleagues because of the hard work and support that they give to everyone.

20. Mr. Sanchez says:

This year I am so thankful for the all the support that the student’s parents have giving me. We have implemented a program that has eased the communication between teachers and parents. I believe that Class Dojo has become a crucial part in my students success.

21. jason says:

Thankful for a supportive staff that is willing to try new things

22. Karla says:

I am thankful for all the amazing teachers I work with.

I am thankful for inquisitive students who are willing to take risks and explore as part of the learning process.

24. Belinda Escamilla says:

I am thankful for all of the wonderful students that I have.

I am thankful for each of my students and their amazing parents that are so supportive of our classroom. I am thankful for children that try their best in all that we do!

I am thankful for my students and co-workers.

I am thankful for a great family… that’s my blood family, friend family, and work family.

I am thankful for:
    a wonderful family.
    becoming a grandmother.
    a wonderful 4th grade team.
    wonderful class this year.
    supportive parents this year.

29. V Rhodes says:

This is the time of year when my church does an angel tree. Every year it makes me cry when I see things as simple as art supplies, tools for school, and a pencil box. It truly brings home just how much some of our students are dealing with and makes me very thankful for what I have. I have the wonderful support of a great family and friends. This is the season when gratitude and giving are so very important.

30. Kelly Barr says:

I am thankful for a supportive administration that values professional development.

31. M Bown says:

I am thankful for hard working students and teachers and supportive administrators who allow teaching to be rewarding.

32. Sharla Voepel says:

I am thankful for a husband who understands when I don’t get dinner on in time because I had “one more thing” at school to deal with before I came home.

33. Sandra Cunningham says:

I’m thankful for supportive coworkers and parents who work with us to better OUR students.

34. Rachel says:

I am thankful for my wonderful job.

I am thankful for the many blessings around me!

36. Lauren Thrasher says:

I am thankful for supportive coworkers and caring teachers.

37. Donna Nichols says:

I am thankful for the amazing students I teach and how they touch my life daily and remind me there is hope for the future.

I am thankful for my family.

39. Angela Domond says:

I am thankful for the students who bring me coffee and cough drops. I’m also thankful for awesome coworkers who listen to me vent. I’m thankful for a supportive principal!

40. Chandra W. says:

I am thankful for growth, friendship and family.