Engaging for every reader
- 5 daily news articles – Monday-Friday, 52 weeks a year.
- 3 Lexile® levels – allow each student in a class to read the same article at their own reading level.
- Wide variety of topics – high-interest US and world news as well as arts and entertainment, sports, science and technology, animals, wacky news and kids in the news.
- Multiple languages – available in English, Spanish, and French.
- Searchable archive – students and educators can search by keyword or category to find previously published news articles.
Wondering how the editors decide which articles to publish each day?Watch this video interview with the editor-in-chief to find out!
Supporting digital and media literacy
Every news article is written specifically for students by professional journalists and reviewed by a child psychologist to ensure it is age-appropriate for K–8 students. In the case of sensitive news, psychologists help find the right words to explain things to young readers.
Which headline do you want your students reading?
News is reported in a way that is appropriate for younger grade levels, even when discussing sensitive topics.
Putting more fun into nonfiction
Each article incorporates engaging multimedia -- videos, slideshows and photo galleries -- to help students better understand the news. Accompanying maps show where news is occurring relative to the location of the reader.