Renaissance solutions can be purchased with ARP ESSER funds. Allowable uses include the following:
- Purchasing educational technology, including hardware, software, and connectivity, that aids in regular and substantive educational interaction between students and classroom teachers.
- Addressing learning loss. ARP ESSER requires your district to reserve at least 20% of the funding it receives for this purpose. This can include summer learning or summer enrichment, extended day programs, comprehensive after-school programs, or extended school year programs.
- Activities to address the unique needs of low-income children, children with disabilities, English learners, racial and ethnic minorities, students experiencing homelessness, and foster care youth.
- Administering high-quality assessments that are valid and reliable to accurately assess students’ academic progress and assist educators in meeting students’ academic needs.
- Implementing evidence-based activities to meet the comprehensive needs of students.
- Providing information and assistance to parents and families so they can support students, including in a distance learning environment.
- Tracking student attendance and improving student engagement in distance learning.