Revision date: September 28, 2016
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
Renaissance may update the content on or service provided via this Website from time to time. You acknowledge that the content and services are not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material unless specifically provided.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
Renaissance reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Website and any services provided on the Website, in its sole discretion without notice. Renaissance will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website or service thereof is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of Renaissance’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify Renaissance immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Renaissance, a Renaissance employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or account names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by Renaissance, may harm Renaissance or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
The Website may contain bulletin board services, message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, and other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant Renaissance and its affiliates and service providers, and each of their licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to Renaissance and Renaissance’s affiliates and service providers, and each of their licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Renaissance, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
Renaissance is not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
Renaissance has no obligation to review any User Contribution and does not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website. As such, Renaissance cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Renaissance has the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in its sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, Renaissance has the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Renaissance to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS RENAISSANCE AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE TOOLS AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED THEREON, AND ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE CONTAINED THEREIN OR ACCESSIBLE THEREFROM, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RENAISSANCE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND REGARDING: THE UP-TO-DATENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE USE OF THE TOOLS OR WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES AND TOOLS; AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES AND ACCESSIBLE ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES AND TOOLS.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RENAISSANCE: DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES AS TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES AND TOOLS OR ANY CONTENT THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES AND TOOLS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF USING, OR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES AND TOOLS, OR DOWNLOADING ANY CONTENT THEREON, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION CANNOT BE EXCLUDED.
You agree to indemnify and hold Renaissance, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and their directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns harmless from any claim, liability, demand, damage, judgment, award, loss, costs, expense or fee, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party or arising out of your use of, or conduct on, the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS / PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
The Website, its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Renaissance, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright, please see our Copyright Policy for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement.
All logos, designs, and brand names for Renaissance Learning’s products and services, including but not limited to Accelerated Math, Accelerated Reader, AccelScan, AccelTest, AR, ATOS, Core Progress, English in a Flash, Learnalytics, MathFacts in a Flash, Progress Pulse, Renaissance Home Connect, Renaissance Learning, Renaissance Place, Renaissance Training Center, Renaissance-U, STAR, STAR District Dashboard, STAR Early Literacy, STAR Math, STAR Reading, STAR Reading Spanish, Successful Reader, and Subtext, are trademarks of Renaissance Learning, Inc., and its subsidiaries, registered, common law, or pending registration in the United States and other countries. All other product and company names should be considered the property of their respective companies and organizations.
Waiver and Severability