What is individualized instruction?
Individualized instruction refers to a method of teaching that tailors content, instructional technology, and pace to the abilities and interests of each learner.
Students need practice at just the right level
Every student needs deep practice in order to build new skills. The physiological process of building skills in a student’s brain requires repetition and practice at just the right level of challenge.
This process builds thicker myelin, which protects the neurological pathway that corresponds to a particular skill.
How can I manage individualized instruction?
Renaissance programs provide deep, meaningful practice at the right level for each student.
Assessment data guides assignments
When you know exactly what each student already knows and what they need to learn next, you can adjust assignments in a way that fits each student’s individual goals. Each student can practice reading or math at the right level, and you spend the same amount of time assigning practice.
The right practice for each student
You can provide practice at multiple levels in the same classroom, so every student receives the right amount of challenge and success.
Providing individualized practice helps you
- Deliver math and reading practice at the right level of challenge and success
- Create a rich environment where each child feels engaged, curious, and eager to learn more
- Foster understanding of what each child’s strengths and weaknesses are so you can communicate those with parents
By balancing challenge and success for every student
An ideal practice solution simplifies the process of individualizing instruction by:
- Providing reading and math practice opportunities at the right level for every student
- Showing you exactly what students know and what to teach next, with resources embedded to guide instruction