Essentials for MTSS & RTI success
Find out by reading our free Catch Kids Before They Fall whitepaper.
With the right screener, educators can not only determine which students may need intervention services—they can also identify at-risk learners for prevention efforts, allowing educators to address potential learning struggles before students fall behind.
Renaissance Star Reading® and Renaissance Star Math® are highly rated by the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII) as valid, reliable academic screening tools. These Star Assessments empower educators to:
- Generate screening reports based on your school’s, district’s, or state’s specific benchmarks for truly actionable data
- Determine which students may need intervention, or even urgent intervention, in 20 minutes or less of testing time
- Discover which students are in the “on watch” category and may need additional, preventative support or scaffolding
- Set personalized, achievable goals for a specific intervention period or the entire year to create a clear path to success for every student
Instruction is the fuel that powers learning—and high-quality instruction can act as rocket fuel, sending students speeding toward proficiency and even mastery. The key is matching the right instruction for each student’s needs and providing ample personalized practice opportunities.
When it comes to personalizing instruction and practice for all students, Renaissance has leveraged decades of data on how students learn and the latest advances in learning science to create engaging, effective solutions:
- Renaissance Star Assessments® incorporate learning progressions aligned to VA’s academic standards to show the skills and standards students have mastered—and which ones they’re ready to learn next
- Renaissance Accelerated Reader® and Renaissance Accelerated Math® motivate students with practice at the just-right level of challenge to foster growth, plus help students take ownership of their learning by tracking their progress toward personalized goals
- Renaissance myON Reader™ gives students access to thousands of digital books, with dynamic recommendations based on grade, interest, and reading level and built-in supports such as audio, embedded dictionaries, and a highlighting tool
- Renaissance English in a Flash® (for building academic and content-area vocabulary) and Renaissance MathFacts in a Flash® (for building fluency and automaticity with math facts) provide deep practice designed to support intervention efforts
Ongoing Progress Monitoring
Using data to guide decisions about instruction, support, and scaffolding is one of the most important elements of successful MTSS and RTI implementations. Progress monitoring provides educators with helpful insights into students’ achievements and growth, but the assessment process can often take precious time away from instruction.
With Renaissance Star 360®, you get the most comprehensive pre-K–12 interim and formative assessment suite available for screening, monitoring student progress, and making informed decisions about student learning:
- Renaissance Star Early Literacy®, Star Reading, and Star Math are highly rated by the NCII for progress monitoring.
- Quick assessments and flexible scheduling allow you to get fast, accurate insights into student progress, without sacrificing hours of instructional time
- The exclusive Renaissance Mastery Model tracks student data from multiple sources to provide a unified measure of mastery, all aligned to VA standards
- Embedded instructional resources, learning activities, and more from Renaissance and our best-in-class partners are matched to specific skills in the learning progression, helping educators put progress-monitoring data in action
The goal is accelerated growth for all
The goal of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support and Response to Intervention models is not to bring every student into a standard normal distribution curve. Instead, the point is to move the curve and accelerate learning for all students. Let a Renaissance expert share how we can support the success of your MTSS and RTI implementation and help all your students achieve their learning goals.