Reading goal setting enhancements
This page includes Renaissance Accelerated Reader® and Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360® goal setting enhancements.
Unified AR 360 goals for books AND articles
- A new goal setting page helps teachers set goals for students. Reading practice goals will include ALL of their reading practice.
- Nonfiction articles read contribute to point, percent correct and complexity level goals! (*AR 360 only)
- Using the new goal setting functionality, teachers can continue to motivate student with special reader Certifications that combine goals for book level, points and percent correct.
- If using Renaissance Star Reading assessment, Star ZPD data now AUTOMATICALLY flows into Accelerated Reader/Accelerated Reader 360 to provide the foundation for setting individual book level goals.
- By popular demand, a new 80% option has been added to the Percent Correct goal to better serve beginning readers taking shorter quizzes.
- Points goal calculation now has 3 simple options to choose from that are reflective of common independent reading best practice – moderate (15 minutes of daily reading), moderately ambitious (20 minutes), and ambitious (30 minutes)
- New SmartStart guide is available for users new to setting individualized goals for students
Learn more about goal setting:
- Updated progress screens support students monitoring their own progress towards goals and certifications, along with reviewing their reading activities.
- Beginning readers can continue to monitor their progress with an interactive flower, to provide age appropriate motivation!
- Students will have a familiar, yet consistent, new way to view their progress towards goals from both school and home via Renaissance Home Connect.