- Bookmark this page as your go-to resource for the updates coming to Accelerated Reader and check back often for the latest information!
- NEW - Classroom Level Reading Reporting Tips
- NEW - Individual Student Reading Reporting Tips
- NEW - School Level Reading Reporting Tips
- NEW - Reading Record Book Replacement Did You Know
- Video Tour: Get to know your new Accelerated Reader® - Teacher Edition
- Video Tour: Get to know your new Accelerated Reader® - Student Edition
- Video Tour: Get to know your updated Renaissance Reports
- Self Guided Tour: Get to Know Your Accelerated Reader
- Self Guided Tour: Get to Know Your Accelerated Reader 360
The best way to incentivize your students and motivate reading practice is to set personalized goals for each of your students. Research has shown that when students are assigned personalized goals in Accelerated Reader, they can achieve greater growth in reading. Because of that, we are working on updating and improving support for individualized goals, but have made the decision to retire functionality surrounding both the Points Management and Teams area of Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Reader 360.
- The Student Points Reports and the Points Management functionality will only be available for a limited time at the beginning of the school year.
- The Team Standing Chart Report, Team Status Chart Reports, and the area where you create Accelerated Reader Teams will only be available for a limited time at the beginning of the school year.
To eliminate mid-year disruption, it is recommended that you do not use these areas with your Accelerated Reader implementation this school year.
- If you choose to manage your implementation with points earned, used or awarded, you may want to consider managing this outside of the software so as not to cause mid-year disruption. You can continue to find how many points students have earned using the Diagnostic Report.
- If you like to create unique challenges, you may consider doing school level or classroom level challenges using the information found on the Diagnostic Report.
- The implementation guide can also help guide you to getting started using individualized goals if you are not already doing so.
The TOPs Report is currently being updated.
- After the new TOPS report is available, the Spanish version will be unavailable.
- If you set the TOPS Report Language preference for your students to view the TOPs Report in Spanish, those students would begin to see the report only in English after the updates later this fall. You may want to consider not setting a Spanish preference this year to avoid mid-year disruption.
Quiz retake rules for the books that have both a Spanish and English quiz will be changing.
- If a student takes the quiz in one language, they will not be able to take the quiz again in the second language.
- This is currently controlled with the Allow Multi-Language Quizzing, however that preference will no longer be honored after we release the updates. You may want to consider leaving this preference set to the default to prohibit such quizzing and avoid mid-year disruption.
Progress Pulse and KeyWords was retired in July 2017 and will no longer be supported.
In July 2017, if your students read books using myON, Lerner Brain Hive, CapStone Interactive, or Mackin Via eBooks software, they will need to take their quizzes using the Accelerated Reader/Accelerated Reader 360 web browser application.
iOS apps for Accelerated Reader/Accelerated Reader 360 were retired in July 2017. To avoid confusion with students and staff, we recommend you remove the Accelerated Reader/Accelerated Reader 360 apps from your iOS devices. Even though the iOS apps have been retired the apps still appear to work on your devices. However, the student quiz data from the iOS app will not populate in your Renaissance account and the student would have to retake the quiz in the web browser.
We do suggest setting up a short cut on your devices that links directly to the Accelerated Reader/Accelerated Reader 360 web browser application.
Getting started and professional development
- New course suite to help educators learn features that are consistent across programs
- An updated and easier-to-navigate structure within the Course Suites
- A content locator tool
- New Accelerated Teaching Content: Personalized Learning, Effective Reading Conferences
- New Coaching Model to make your data coaching sessions even more personalized to intended outcomes
Announcing Renaissance Smart Start™ Product Training:
- Included with purchase for all customers
- Access training videos, tutorials, and materials to help educators get started successfully with their programs.