Official Rules for ISTE Sweepstakes
The 2019 ISTE Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Renaissance Learning, Inc. (“Renaissance”) and is being run in connection with the ISTE 2019 Conference event running June 23, 2019 through June 26, 2019 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (the “Event”). The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents in any of the fifty states of the United States and the District of Colombia who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Employees of Renaissance and its affiliates, consultants, representatives, and their respective immediate family members and/or those in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By registering to win, winners grant Renaissance permission to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). Unaccepted prizes may not be awarded.
Agreement to Rules:
By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements, that you have obtained any consents required by your school (if necessary) to participate and that your school does not have any prohibition or restriction on you participating in the Sweepstakes. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Renaissance as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes begins on June 24, 2019 at 9:30 AM EST and end on June 26, 2019 at 2:30 PM EST. All entries must be received by June 26, 2019 at 2:30 PM EST.
How to Participate:
Individuals attending the Event may register to participate in the Sweepstakes at the Renaissance booth, #2134 by having Renaissance scan Your official ISTE badge and placing your sticker vote in our “Polling Area”. Alternatively, individuals may enter the Sweepstakes for free by sending in a 3x5 card with your full name, complete address, phone number (including area code), and email address in an envelope with proper postage to Renaissance, Attn: ISTE 2019, 901 Deming Way, Suite 301, Madison, WI 53717. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Renaissance. You may enter only once. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Renaissance.
The winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive an Amazon Echo Show and Amazon Echo Dot. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Renaissance. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Renaissance’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Renaissance to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Winner Selection and Notification:
Renaissance shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT RENAISSANCE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By submitting any content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.) to Renaissance, including content contained in Your registration, You understand and agree that Renaissance, anyone acting on behalf of Renaissance, and Renaissance’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Renaissance and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes or (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF WISCONSIN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Madison, Wisconsin having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Renaissance Learning, Inc., Attn: ISTE 2019, 901 Deming Way, Suite 301, Madison, WI 53717 USA. Requests must be received no later than July 15, 2019 at 11:50 PM CST.
- Miscellaneous: Renaissance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Renaissance’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Renaissance may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Renaissance. Renaissance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. Renaissance has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Renaissance reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sweepstakes hosted by Renaissance is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.