Georgia students surpass 2019 summer reading goals!
Through our partnership with Get Georgia Reading, Renaissance® has provided free access to thousands of enhanced digital books–plus engaging daily news articles–to all children, parents/guardians, educators, and librarians for summer 2019.
- 90,135 books completed and 1,269,049 minutes read with Renaissance myON® Reader
- 9,741 news articles completed and 36,772 minutes read with Renaissance myON® News, powered by News-O-Matic
Keep Georgia Reading with year-round access to digital books and news!
Now that the free Get Georgia Reading program has concluded for 2019, educators can keep students engaged in reading and building literacy skills with year-round access to myON Reader and myON News, powered by News-O-Matic.
In addition to the benefits readers enjoyed through the shared myON account for the free summer program, your school or district subscription will provide each student with a personalized reading practice–while tracking the data you need to measure reading achievement and growth by student, class, school, and district.
myON Reader provides a personalized digital library for every student.
- Comprehensive library – up to 13,000 enhanced digital books
- Personalized recommendations – based on each student’s interests, grade and Lexile® level
- High-interest – diverse formats and genres including fiction, nonfiction, classics, and graphic novels in English and Spanish
- Anytime, anywhere – unlimited 24/7 access to read online, offline, in class, at home, and on the go
- Embedded supports – scaffolds, highlighter, journal notes, citation creator, graphic organizers, and essay writer
- Projects – simple or multi-element lessons for individual students, groups, or whole classes
- Reports – actionable data on each student’s reading behavior and growth, including number of books read and minutes read
myON News, powered by News-O-Matic helps students develop a better understanding of current events.
- Timely and safe – 5 daily news articles, Monday through Friday, written for kids and reviewed by a child psychologist
- High-interest – US and world news, sports, arts, entertainment, science, and technology–in English, Spanish and French
- Engaging multimedia – maps, videos, audio supports, slideshows, and photo galleries
- Comprehension questions – measure each reader’s understanding of article content
- Teacher guides – get resources to support classroom instruction
- Related books – seamlessly connect articles to relevant books in your myON Reader digital library
- Reports – gain visibility into reading activity for each student, including number of articles read, minutes read, and popular news categories and articles
Want to learn more?
Contact the Renaissance Georgia team:
- Call 1-888-530-6015
- Email [email protected]