Get free access to digital books and news this summer
Through our partnership with Get Georgia Reading, Renaissance is providing free access to thousands of enhanced digital books–plus engaging daily news articles–to all children, parents/guardians, educators, and librarians this summer.
Sign up now
Getting started is quick and easy!
- Register using the form below.
- You will receive your user name and password via email
- Go to www.myon.com/login/index.html and enter your login information:
- School Name: Get Georgia Reading (type the first few letters and select from the drop-down menu)
- Username and Password: provided in your login email
If you have been provided login information for your district, you do not need to register. Simply log in with the district username and password.
Engaging digital resources make summer reading fun and easy
Read enhanced digital books anytime, anywhere with Renaissance myON® Reader:
- Anytime – unlimited 24/7 access to thousands of digital titles
- Anywhere – at home, on the go, in the library or any community setting
- Online – using any Internet-enabled device
- Offline – with free mobile apps for Kindle Fire HD, Android devices, iPads, and Google Chrome
- High-interest – diverse formats and genres including fiction, non-fiction, classics, and graphic novels in English and Spanish
Read current events and world news with Renaissance myON® News, powered by News-O-Matic:
- Timely – 5 daily news articles, Monday through Friday
- Safe – age-appropriate content written for kids and reviewed by a child psychologist
- Engaging – multimedia tools such as maps, videos, audio supports, slideshows, and photo galleries
- High-interest – US and world news, sports, arts and entertainment, science and technology–in English, Spanish and French
For the free Get Georgia Reading summer partnership program, all readers share a single account–that does not include personalization elements–with unlimited, 24x7 access to enhanced digital books and news.
Learn how you can keep students reading throughout the year after the free program concludes with myON Reader and myON News, powered by News-O-Matic.
Get ready to read with these tips for the Get Georgia Reading program
Additional summer reading resources
Keep Georgia Reading with year-round access to digital books and news!
After the free Get Georgia Reading summer program concludes, educators can help students continue building literacy skills by providing year-round access to myON Reader and myON News, powered by News-O-Matic.
In addition to the benefits readers enjoy through the shared account for the free summer program, your school or district subscription will provide each student with a personalized reading practice–while tracking the metrics you need to measure reading achievement and growth.
Renaissance myON® Reader provides a personalized digital library for every student.
- Comprehensive library – up to 13,000 enhanced digital books
- Personalized recommendations – based on each student’s interests, grade and Lexile® level
- Embedded supports – scaffolds, highlighter, journal notes, citation creator, graphic organizers, and essay writer
- Projects – simple or multi-element lessons for individual students, groups, or whole classes
- Reports – actionable data on each student’s reading behavior and growth, including number of books read and minutes read
Renaissance myON® News, powered by News-O-Matic helps students develop a better understanding of current events.
- Comprehension questions – measure each reader’s understanding of article content
- Teacher guides – get helpful resources to support classroom instruction
- Related books – seamlessly connect articles to relevant books in your myON Reader digital library
- Reports – gain visibility into reading activity for each student, including number of articles read, minutes read, and popular news categories and articles