Prioritize Literacy Growth for Georgia Students – At Home, In Class, or Both
Georgia students make summer reading program a success!
Through our partnership with Get Georgia Reading, Renaissance provided free access to thousands of enhanced digital books–plus engaging daily news articles–this summer for all children, parents/guardians, educators, and librarians.
During the summer reading program, May 4 through August 21, students achieved:
- 1,196,588 minutes read and 46,757 books completed with myON Reader
- 26,327 minutes read and 3,307 articles completed with myON News
Download the 2020 Get Georgia Reading Program Report to see a full summary of state-wide reading data.
The Get Georgia Reading program opened early this year to support students and educators during school closures. Between March 16 and August 21, readers achieved:
Keep Georgia Reading with year-round access to digital books and news!
Now that the free Get Georgia Reading program has concluded for summer 2020, educators can help students continue building literacy skills with year-round access to myON Reader and myON News—anytime, anywhere, and in any learning environment.
In addition to the unlimited access to books and news that readers enjoyed through the free summer program, your school or district subscription will provide personalized reading practice for each student—while tracking the metrics you need to measure reading achievement by student, class, school, and district.
With individual myON accounts for each student, educators can support instruction and learning across all subject areas and ensure students have access to digital books and news at home and in the classroom.
myON Reader provides a personalized digital library for every student.
- Comprehensive library – more than 13,000 enhanced digital books available in diverse genres, including fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels
- Personalized recommendations – based on each student’s grade, reading level, and interests
- Accessible – titles in a wide range of reading levels, in both English and Spanish
- Active practice – audio, dictionary, highlighter, shapes tool, drawing brush, notes, citation creator, graphic organizer, and essay writer
- Projects – simple or multi-element lessons for individual students, groups, or whole classes
- Reports – actionable data on each student’s reading behavior and growth, including number of books read and minutes read
myON News engages students in daily nonfiction reading with news articles, Monday through Friday.
- High-Interest – diverse news topics in three reading levels and three languages (English, Spanish, and French)
- Safe – age-appropriate content reviewed by a child psychologist
- Interactive – maps, videos, audio, slideshows, and photos
- Comprehension quizzes – measure each reader’s understanding of article content
- Teacher guides – access discussion prompts, activities, and resources to support classroom instruction
- Related books – seamlessly connect articles to relevant books in your myON Reader digital library
- Reports – view reading activity for each student, including number of articles read, minutes read, reading frequency, and most-popular articles