Read digital books and news articles for free this summer!
Through our partnership with Get Georgia Reading, Renaissance is providing free access to thousands of enhanced digital books–plus engaging daily news articles–this summer for all children, parents/guardians, educators, and librarians.
The free summer reading program will be available May 4-August 21, 2020. Check back on May 4 to sign up and start reading!
Our 2019 Get Georgia Reading program produced record-breaking results, with students reading 1,269,049 minutes to complete 90,135 books and reading 36,722 minutes to complete 9,741 news articles.
Let’s work together to keep students engaged in reading this summer and achieve our 2020 goals:
Summer reading is fun and easy with anytime, anywhere access!
Unlimited, 24/7 access to digital books and news makes it easy to read at home or in any setting. Read online using any Internet-enabled device, or read offline with free myON mobile apps.
Enjoy unlimited reading from a library of more than 6,400 enhanced digital books with myON:
- Diverse – formats and genres to meet many interests, including fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels
- Interactive – professionally recorded audio and built-in dictionary for deeper engagement
- Accessible – titles in a wide range of reading levels, in both English and Spanish
Stay up to date by reading news articles (five daily, Monday through Friday) with myON News:
- High-interest – US and world news, sports, arts and entertainment, science and technology
- Safe – age-appropriate content reviewed by a child psychologist
- Interactive – maps, videos, audio, slideshows, and photos
- Accessible – available in three languages (English, Spanish, and French) and at three reading levels
For the free Get Georgia Reading summer program, all readers share a single myON account that does not include personalization elements.
Learn how you can keep each student engaged after the free program concludes by providing personalized reading practice with myON.
Get ready to read with these tips for the Get Georgia Reading program
Keep Georgia Reading with year-round access to digital books and news!
In addition to the benefits readers enjoy through the shared myON account for the free summer program, your school or district subscription will provide personalized reading practice for each student–while tracking the metrics you need to measure reading achievement and growth by student, class, school, and district.
myON Reader provides a personalized digital library for every student.
- Comprehensive library – more than 13,000 enhanced digital books available
- Personalized recommendations – based on each student’s grade, reading level, and interests
- Active practice – highlighter, shapes tool, drawing brush, notes, citation creator, graphic organizer, and essay writer
- Projects – simple or multi-element lessons for individual students, groups, or whole classes
- Reports – actionable data on each student’s reading behavior and growth, including number of books read and minutes read
myON News engages students in daily nonfiction reading and builds media literacy skills.
- Comprehension quizzes – measure each reader’s understanding of article content
- Teacher guides – access discussion prompts, activities, and resources to support classroom instruction
- Related books – seamlessly connect articles to relevant books in your myON Reader digital library
- Reports – view reading activity for each student, including number of articles read, minutes read, reading frequency, and most-popular articles