My first Harvest experience at Renaissance

By Daniel Hamburger, Chief Executive Officer

When I joined Renaissance at the end of July, there was one word that I kept hearing over and over again: “harvest.” As I soon discovered, it is Harvest, with a capital H, and it is the most important part of the year for our organization and for our customers.

In talking with our Renaissance Customer Support team and many others in the organization, I quickly learned that Harvest is not only its own season, but it also has its own energy and demonstrates Renaissance teamwork and collaboration for the service of our customers.

This year, Harvest consisted of two events; the traditional back-to-school phase, in which we helped customers set up their sites for the new year; and a second phase, in which we assisted customers in implementing new product updates.

As you might expect, Harvest is a total team effort at Renaissance. Many of our colleagues take time out of their regular role—and maybe out of their comfort zone—to lend a hand and support Harvest. After I learned that, I wanted in!

So, I volunteered to take on a shift of answering customer calls. One call was with a brand-new librarian who needed help with Renaissance Accelerated Reader®. I asked her what she thought of Accelerated Reader and was happy to hear how much she believes that it helps her students. I was also proud that she appreciated the high level of customer service that we provide!

This was a rewarding experience for me, and it gave me an even deeper appreciation for the amount of work that it takes to make Harvest a success for Renaissance and our customers. And, it underscored for me our commitment to helping our customers, teachers, students be successful, every day.

Our Harvest season is over for 2017, but the Renaissance Customer Support team is available all year-round and ready to help you. We are always open to feedback on our support. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve.

Want to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at Renaissance? Subscribe to the Renaissance newsletter.

Daniel Hamburger, Chief Executive Officer

Daniel Hamburger joined Renaissance with more than 20 years of education experience. He recently served as the President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Adtalem Global Education (formerly known as DeVry Education), a global provider of educational services. Prior, he served as Chairman and CEO of Indeliq, a SaaS-based education company backed by Accenture Technology Ventures and President of WW Grainger’s Internet Commerce group. Hamburger earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Industrial Engineering from the University of Michigan.

Daniel Hamburger, Chief Executive Officer
Daniel Hamburger, Chief Executive Officer
Daniel Hamburger joined Renaissance with more than 20 years of education experience. He recently served as the President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Adtalem Global Education (formerly known as DeVry Education), a global provider of educational services. Prior, he served as Chairman and CEO of Indeliq, a SaaS-based education company backed by Accenture Technology Ventures and President of WW Grainger's Internet Commerce group. Hamburger earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and his bachelor's and master's degrees in Industrial Engineering from the University of Michigan.

1. Amber AuBain says:

I do not have any experience with the support teams, but I have given my input on future Renaissance products. The representatives were exceptional! She was informative and super nice! Thanks for a pleasant experience!

2. Mr. Sanchez says:

I haven’t had the pleasure to contact the support team due to the fact that there is plenty of self help support already online in case I needed anything. It is nice to know that a special team comes in once a year to help out make Renaissance a key component to the success in the student’s education.

3. Sandra Cunningham says:

Many coworkers have used Renaissance support and I feel confident if I ever need them, it would be worth the effort to reach out!

4. Candice says:

I have used the online chat several times. If they could not help me, they would always refer me to someone else. It might take a day or 2, but I was always helped.

5. Trinette Frazier says:

Excellent customer service. I learned my way around Renaissance Place because of the great service through chat.

Having used Renaissance for years, 2017 Harvest was not an issue for me. However, I am happy to know that 2018 will come with Ren’s awesome support team! Looking forward to the updates!

What a great idea. I always say our leaders need to stay closely connected to what is going on in the trenches.

I have been involved with Renaissance products for many years now. I have ALWAYS had positive experiences and interactions with staff of Renaissance. I know that no matter what my question or concern is, it will be answered in a timely and efficient manner. Hey, Daniel Hamburger, come and visit our rural school and see how our students utilize AR. It’s an open invitation!! Thank you for the consideration.

I have used the live chat customer support system several times and my experience has always been positive. They are extremely helpful and prompt to resolve any issues.

My experiences with RL folks have been 100% positive!

11. Terri Benavides says:

Everyone at Renaissance is helpful. I love the Live Chat feature and have used it multiple times. They are quick to assist and are very knowledgeable. Our sales representative is an amazing resource as well. She responds to all requests and offers valuable insights to using the product. I sincerely appreciate all you do for my students, staff and for making my job just a bit easier.

Nice to have support.

13. LeeAnn Needham says:

I have only needed to contact support a couple of times over the years, but I am always amazed at how quickly I can get an answer to a problem. I also appreciate that at (TCEA) conventions, all the the members at the booth are experts at everything: site, management, implementation, reports….everything!

14. Karla says:

The support team it awesome!

15. lmcrary says:

I have always had a great experience with support teams.

The Renaissance support is amazing! Always know exactly what I need and pleasant to work with!

They are always understanding of what is needed to solve any problems you have on the spot!

Customer service is excellent. The help and information always assists me in accomplishing the tasks I need to do.

19. Patricia Hodges says:

I have been involved with Renaissance Accelerated Reader for many years. The customer support team has always been extremely helpful. Thanks for a very pleasant experience.

20. Karen says:

The support staff is always very helpful when I have to use the help line. I only wish the reports were more streamlined so there were fewer clicks.

21. Mary Brown says:

I also have given input on the use of Renaissance and their products and ways to improve the efficacy of the reports. I have also utilized their support by the use of data technicians through the chat sessions. They have been more than helpful and knowledgable with their desire to answer questions that arise.

22. Maria E. Martinez says:

In the twenty some years of my experience with AR support –I have never experienced anything but top notch service. In the event that one representative is not able to answer question; there is always someone there who can! Exceptional.

23. Thonisha Davis says:

Customer Service is great. I shipped an item to the wrong address and within minutes the problem was fixed.

24. Rhonda Peña says:

I’ve never contacted them personally, but I know our librarian has. Great support!

25. Brenda Curtis says:

Renaissance sets the standard for customer support! I have used their support for over 13 years. The online chat feature is nice for me as a district overseer of renaissance. I don’t always know the ins and outs of a problem with teachers in the classroom. I can tell them to use chat, and then forward the email to me when they receive it and know the problem and solution more in depth to share with others. It is a great system!

26. I love Live Chat! It has saved the day on multiple occasions.

Always helpful!

28. s. bellomo says:

I do appreciate the customer service – always helpful and supportive!

29. jason says:

Renaissance support has always been a positive experience for me. I can’t think of a negative experience I’ve had with my years of using their product.

30. Katie Wiltz says:

I used Live Chat for a few years. I have nothing bad to sat. The Customer Service has been wonderful! I always get answers to my questions! Keep up the great work!

31. Krystal Dozier says:

Always willing to help!

32. Angela Domond says:

The Live Chat is super helpful! It’s helped me figure out quite a few things last year when I became the AR coordinator for my school.

33. Christina McCloud says:

Love live chat! Always helpful…had questions last spring regarding the Honor Roll. Appreciate follow up emails!

34. Veronica A. Gonzalez says:

I haven’t had the pleasure to have the support team but I know they are there if ever I need their help.

35. Damaris Perez says:

There are so many help resources available online with AR (and many trainings available) that I haven’t had the need yet to conscripts anyone in real life. However, it is amazing to hear from others that their support is effective and extraordinary. It gives me peace of mind knowing that they are available and that they will be great support.

It’s good to see when management takes on the roles of others so that they see what truly happens behind the scenes.

37. Dr. Jolanda Roby says:

My experience on the site has been wonderful. The immediate feedback from customer service was/is amazing! Its awesome that Daniel has volunteered his time with the site. What a way to LEAD others! KUDOS!!!!

38. Missy says:

Very very helpful!!!

39. Dalina Cavazos says:

I have served in focus groups not on a support team. I feel that visual trainings are the way to go. You can reach so many different people and areas at the same time.

I haven’t had the need to contact the support team.

41. Katy says:

I have only needed to contact Renaissance about not having the STAR Reading test this school year and getting the Honor Roll award. I was told Renaissance would find a way to make that happen. I am still waiting to find out how. My students that were not at my school last year do not have the average number of minutes listed.

42. Samara Storms says:

I have not had to contact Renaissance about anything in a long while. However the few times I did, there were many ways from which I could choose. The most convenient way was to use live chat. Problem solved satisfactorily within minutes. Great job! I love the product and so do my kiddos.

43. Nicole Erwin says:

I’ve used the live chat support several times and have always been satisfied with the experience. Even if we couldn’t solve the problem, they took my feedback for evaluation

I am so thankful for the Harvest! I could not get through the first days of school without the support of the Renaissance Team! May you all have a wonderful Christmas and vacation!

Renaissance Support is extremely helpful! Thanks for all you do!

46. Ami Edwards says:

I haven’t had to use the customer support, but I know people who have and they said the chat feature is very helpful.

Renaissance support is amazing! They always get back to you promptly.