Accelerated Teaching: English Language Learners
Understanding English language learners
- Activity: English Learners in the English-speaking classroom
- Activity: What would you recommend for these English Learners?
- Activity: English Learner questionnaire (PDF)
- Activity: Understanding English language proficiency
- Activity: Common questions about English Learners
- Activity: Using data to determine the type of student support
Using Renaissance® products to support English Learners
- Tutorial: Why assess ELLs in English and their native language?
- Activity: Administering Renaissance Star Spanish® assessments
- Activity: Adding and using student characteristics for ELLs (PDF)
Accelerated Teaching: Math
Facilitating Mathematical Discourse
- Tutorial: Why is mathematical discourse important?
- Activity: Teach students to make their thinking visible (PDF)
- Activity: Teach students to identify key aspects of written work
- Activity: Practice mathematical discourse with students
- Teacher Talk: Facilitating peer-to-peer discourse using rich math problems
- Share & Discuss: How have you helped your students engage in productive peer-to-peer discourse?
Accelerated Teaching: Reading
- Tutorial: What is close reading?
- Activity: Practice identifying strong text-dependent questions?
- Tutorial: Crafting a close reading lesson
- Tutorial: Helping struggling readers access grade-level text
- Activity: Practice planning a close reading lesson
- Activity: Plan your own close reading lesson (PDF)
- Tutorial: Teaching students to annotate text